Mumbai: Falling for the second straight session, the benchmark BSE Sensex dropped by another 103 points, while the NSE Nifty cracked the 7,900-mark in morning trade today on sustained selling by funds and retail investors amid sluggish Asian cues.
- The 30-share index was trading down by 103.16 points, or 0.39 percent, to 26,014.69 with stocks of metal, FMCG, PSU, auto, healthcare, consumer durables and banking sectors leading the fall.
- The gauge lost 51.56 points in the previous session.
- The National Stock Exchange Nifty dipped below the 7,900-level by falling 36.90 points, or 0.46 percent, to 7,894.45.
- Among other Asian markets, Japan's Nikkei moved down by 0.22 percent and Hong Kong's Hang Seng fell 0.62 percent in morning trade today.
- Shanghai composite index shed 0.32 percent.
- The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 0.89 percent lower in yesterday's trade.
Latest News from Business News Desk