- The 30-share Sensex plunged by 159.77 points or 66 per cent, to trade below 24,000-mark at 23,861.21 in morning trade.
- Stocks of bank, healthcare, metal, oil&gas and realty were trading in the negative zone with losses up to 1.11 percent.
- The gauge had lost 595.99 points in the previous two sessions.
- On similar lines, the NSE Nifty fell by 41.90 points, or 0.57 percent to 7,256.30.
- Major losers that dragged down the indices were Tata Motors, ICICI Bank, Dr Reddy's, Adani ports, ONGC, GAIL, Sun Pharma, Lupin, M&M and SBI.
- In the Asian region, Japan's Nikkei lost 2.40 percent in morning trade, while China's Shanghai Composite index and Hong Kong's Hang Seng remained closed for a public holiday.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 0.08 percent lower yesterday.
Latest News from Business News Desk