- The 30-share barometer fell 188.30 points, or 0.76 percent, to 24,470.93, with metal, banking, IT, consumer durables, capital goods, PSU and oil and gas falling the most.
- The index had gained 1,657.23 points in the last five sessions.
- Also, the NSE Nifty dropped 49.85 points, or 0.67 percent, at 7,435.45.
- Brokers said that apart from profit-booking in recent gainers, a weak Asian trend as fresh concerns about global growth driven by weak Chinese trade data hit sentiment here.
- Hong Kong's Hang Seng was trading lower by 0.62 percent and Shanghai Composite was down 2.42 percent in morning trade.
- Japan's Nikkei shed 1.59 percent.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 0.64 percent lower in yesterday's trade after oil prices fell.
Latest News from Business News Desk