- The 30-share index declined 72.97 points or 0.30 per cent to 24,382.07 after rising to 24,524.85.
- The gauge has lost 399.07 points in the past two sessions on global worries amid muted earnings by Hindustan Unilever and plunging global oil prices.
- The NSE Nifty was also trading lower by 30.60 points or 0.41 percent to 7,407.20.
- Stocks of country's third largest software services firm Wipro fell 1.33 percent to Rs 536.20 despite posting a 1.8 percent rise in consolidated net profit to Rs 2,234.1 crore for the December quarter.
- In other Asian markets, Hong Kong's Hang Seng index was down 1.84 percent, while Japan's Nikkei shed 1.94 percent in morning trade today.
- Shanghai Composite Index was down 0.67 percent.
- The US Dow Jones had tumbled 2.39 percent in Friday's trade.
Latest News from Business News Desk