Mumbai: The benchmark Sensex rallied over 308 points to 23,690.68 and the NSE Nifty regained the 7,200-mark in morning trade on across-the-board gains on massive buying by investors largely in tandem with a firming global trend.
The 30-share index, which had gained 189.90 points in the previous volatile session, spurted by another 308.81 points or 1.32 percent at 23,690.68, with all the sectoral indices led by capital goods, healthcare and metal, trading in the positive zone, rising by up to 1.79 percent.
- The NSE Nifty again went past the crucial 7,200-mark by surging 97.15 points or 1.36 percent to 7,205.60.
- Brokers said buying activity picked up momentum mostly in step with a firming trend at other Asian bourses and overnight gains in the US and European markets on the back of strength in crude oil which boosted sentiment.
- Globally, crude soared 7.2 percent in yesterday's trade after Iran met with other major producers to discuss limiting output.
- Among other Asian markets, Japan's Nikkei climbed 2.47 percent while Hong Kong's Hang Seng was trading higher by 2.04 percent in morning trade.
- Shanghai's Composite index was up 0.23 percent.
- The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 1.59 percent higher yesterday.
Latest News from Business News Desk