- The 30-share barometer declined 140.86 points, or 0.59 percent, to 23,508.36, with metal, capital goods, PSU and oil and gas leading the fall.
- The index had gained 457.25 points in the last two straight sessions on the back of a rebound in the global market following a surge in crude oil prices.
- Also, the NSE Nifty was trading lower by 45.80 points, or 0.63 percent, at 7,145.95.
- Brokers said that apart from profit-booking in recent gainers, a weak trend at other Asian bourses tracking overnight losses in the US dampened sentiment.
- Hong Kong's Hang Seng was down 0.53 percent and Japan's Nikkei fell 2.23 percent. Shanghai Composite fell 0.58 percent in morning trade.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 0.25 percent lower in yesterday's trade.
Latest News from Business News Desk