- The 30-share barometer rose 74.32 points, or 0.31 percent, to 23,783.47. The gauge had gained 517.18 points in the previous three sessions.
- Hindustan Unilever, Bharti Airtel, Tata Motors, L&T, M&M, Lupin, RIL, SBI, ONGC, Dr Reddy's Lab, Sun Pharma, ICICI Bank, Cipla, Asian Paints, Axis Bank, Adani Ports, and TCS were the major gainers that rallied the index.
- Also, the NSE Nifty was trading higher by 16.05 points, or 0.22 percent, at 7,226.80.
- In rest of Asia, Hong Kong's Hang Seng rose 0.99 percent while Japan's Nikkei edged up 0.58 percent in morning trade today.
- Shanghai Composite gained 2.23 percent on reports that the head of the securities regulator has been asked to go following China's market woes.
- The US Dow Jones Industrial Average, however, ended 0.13 percent lower in Friday's trade.
Latest News from Business News Desk