The 30-share index, which gained 94.65 points on Friday, added 232.32 points or 0.94 percent to 24,950.31 with banking, realty and auto sector indices leading the rally.
- The NSE Nifty climbed 68.95 points, or 0.92 percent, at 7,579.15.
- Brokers said a flurry of buying by investors in blue-chips supported by sustained foreign fund inflows and a firming trend at other Asian markets, tracking weekend gains at the US markets, mainly influenced the sentiment.
- Industrial production declined for a third month in a row, contracting by 1.5 percent in January due to poor performance of manufacturing sector and lower offtake of capital goods.
- Among other Asian markets, Hong Kong's Hang Seng was trading higher by 1.35 percent.
- Nikkei surged by 2.08 percent in morning trade.
- Shanghai's Composite index was quoting 2.79 percent higher.
- The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 1.28 percent higher on Friday.
Latest News from Business News Desk