New Delhi: Seven students, including four girls, of a dance institute were taken ill allegedly after eating food at their hostel.
    
The students of Kathak Kendra in GTB Nagar were admitted to Bara Hindu Rao hospital last night with symptoms of food poisoning, Dr R B Mittal, Medical Superintendent of the hospital, said on Thursday.
    
Six of the students were now stable while the seventh one is still under observation. "Seven students, four girls and three boys, of a musical school were admitted last night. Six of them are absolutely out of danger and would be discharged by tomorrow evening. However, one of them is still sick and has to be kept under observation till his condition improves," said Gupta.
    
He said all the students were in the age group of 20-22 years. "If one goes by the symptoms, the most likely reason is food poisoning due to consumption of contaminated food. But it would take some time to ascertain the cause," Gupta said.

(Agencies)

Latest News from India News Desk