Capital-based Rita Bakshi, gynaecologist at the International Fertility Centre, suggests how to get back in shape post delivery: (Agencies)
- Fresh fruits: When you eat fruits, remember not to refrigerate them for a long
- Freshly cooked food: Try having food that doesn’t include artificial preservatives and cut down on processed foods
- Seasonal vegetables: Seasonal vegetables and fruits are not only good for your body, but also bring about variation in your diet. Do not eat the same food every day as it is unhealthy. But don’t overeat
- Head for the park: Your body requires some time to get back to normal so the best advice would be to get started with general exercises beginning with brisk walking. Also, it is important to take your doctor’s advice before starting any workout regimen.
- Yoga: The right yoga asanas, pranayama will help you lose weight earlier than you actually thought. Join a yoga class and start with basics. It is good for physical and mental health
- Chew food: Chewing your food is equally important when you trying to get back to shape. It is a good mouth exercise.
Capital-based Rita Bakshi, gynaecologist at the International Fertility Centre, suggests how to get back in shape post delivery: