Kolkata: Smoke billowed again this morning from the AMRI Hospital, where 93 people were choked to death earlier this month, but the situation was soon brought under control by fire brigade personnel.
   
Helium gas leaked from an MRI machine at the hospital leading to the smoke and it was brought under control, fire brigade sources said.
   
Fire tenders were called at 8.50 am after the smoke was noticed emanating from the annexe building, where a fire broke out on December 9 leading to the death of 90 patients and three staff members.
   
Three fire tenders brought the situation under control and capped the source of gas that came from the machine before noon, the sources said.
   
Fire brigade experts were examining whether there was any further danger from the machine or the helium gas to the residents in the neighbourhood.
   
AMRI Dhakuria remained closed since the fire and the consequent smoke caused the biggest hospital tragedy in the country.

(Agencies)