Speaking in Sao Paulo, Blatter declined to comment directly on mounting corruption revelations embroiling Qatar's win at a controversial 2010 vote.
     
Blatter said FIFA would make no ruling until officials had assessed the findings of the corruption investigation headed by US lawyer Michael Garcia.
     
"I am not a prophet. We must wait for the results of the investigation," Blatter said.
     
Blatter also reminded reporters that FIFA had already assured Qatar this year that the tournament would go ahead.
     
"All I would add, is that this year, in March, the executive committee of FIFA said that the 2022 World Cup in Qatar was not in question," he said.
     
FIFA's executive committee voted to give Russia the 2018 World Cup and Qatar the 2022 event at a vote in Zurich four years ago.
     
Garcia is looking into whether there was corruption in the awarding of the tournaments.
     
The 2022 vote has come under renewed scrutiny after The Sunday Times allegations that Qatari former Asian football chief Mohamed bin Hammam paid more than $5 million to win support for his country's bid.
     
Asia's top Olympic official on Thursday said the accusations against Qatar were motivated by "racism."
     
Pressure for action grew, however, as UEFA president Michel Platini said a new vote should be called if corruption was proved.
     
Sheikh Ahmad al-Sabah, president of the Olympic Council of Asia and the Association of National Olympic Committees, strongly defended Qatar.
     
The attacks were "racist actions towards Qatar and Arabs, revealing the malice of those parties in a way that has no justification," the International Sports Press Association quoted the Kuwaiti sheikh as saying.
     
The attacks were "racist actions towards Qatar and Arabs, revealing the malice of those parties in a way that has no justification," the International Sports Press Association quoted the Kuwaiti sheikh as saying.

(Agencies)

Latest News from Sports News Desk