Tharoor was called on Friday for the third time in two days by Delhi Police's Special Investigation Team(SIT) that is probing Sunanda's death in January 2014.
Asked about the information shared by Tharoor with the SIT, Delhi Police Commissioner B S Bassi, said, "Tharoor was called on Friday and we took some information and data. We will now analyse the data and see...We gathered detailed information from him on Thursday, now his statement will be analysed."
Tharoor, meanwhile, refused to divulge details of his questioning while maintaining that he was "available" for the police whenever they wanted to speak to him.
He visited Sarojini Nagar Police Station informing SIT that he was leaving for Thiruananthapuram later in the day.

Police sources said the SIT has asked Tharoor to keep them informed about his movements and contact details so that the team can get in touch with him whenever they need him during investigation. However, police has not put any restrictions on his movement as of now.

The former Union Minister reached the police station around 1 PM and spent about half-an-hour.
Sources said the SIT team asked Tharoor some supplementary questions regarding what he had told them yesterday during two rounds of questioning that lasted nearly seven hours.
Meanwhile, sources also said that a team from the Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of the Delhi Police is in Mumbai to look into the business model of defunct IPL Kochi franchise and see whether there was anything fishy in its financial transactions. The team is also likely to meet BCCI officials in this regard.

Thursday's questioning of Tharoor was mainly focused on the IPL controversy which had broken out in early 2010 when he was minister of state for external affairs.

There were allegations that he had "misused" his office to ensure that Rs 70 crore, which was equivalent to 19 percent equity in IPL Kochi franchise Rendezvous Sports, was paid to Sunanda, a charge denied by him.

Tharoor was on Thursday quizzed for nearly seven hours, spread over two rounds including for two hours late in the night during which he faced tough questions mainly on IPL controversy. He was earlier quizzed on January 19.
"I am not getting into any details of anything which is between me and the police. When the investigation is on, it's my duty to cooperate with the investigation, nothing else. As far as I am concerned, every Indian citizen has the duty to cooperate with the authorities as they do their duty. That's what I am doing," he told reporters at Thiruvananthapuram airport this evening.

"Beyond that, it is not appropriate for me to answer questions on any details. I have not done so in Delhi and am not going to do so in Thiruvananthapuram. I am here as your MP for the next few days," he added.

Asked when he would be questioned again, he said, "Whenever they (police) want to speak to me, I am available."

Latest News from India News Desk