The two on-field umpires who reported Narine for "suspected illegal action" are Richard Illingworth and Vineet Kulkarni.
"A suspected illegal bowling action report has been filed by the match officials on certain deliveries bowled by Sunil Narine of Kolkata Knight Riders during the Pepsi IPL 2015 match between Sunrisers Hyderabad and Kolkata Knight Riders played on the 22nd of April, 2015 in Visakhapatnam," BCCI secretary Anurag Thakur said in a press release on Friday.
"As per the provisions of the IPL Suspected Illegal Bowling Action Policy, Narine will still be eligible to bowl in forthcoming Pepsi IPL matches and may request a biomechanical analysis of the deliveries in question at the ICC and BCCI accredited testing facility, the Sri Ramachandra Arthroscopy and Sports Science Centre (SRASSC) in Chennai," Thakur said.
While Narine, who got a go-ahead to play in the IPL after getting clearance for his suspect action from the Chennai Bio-Mechanical testing centre, he will again have to undergo tests even though he will be allowed to bowl in IPL.
However as per ICC rules, another similar offence will invite a straight one-year ban for the West Indies spinner, whose "doosra" and "carrom ball" both have been under scanner for the unsual action with which he delivers them.
After remodelling his action, Narine hasn't so far been half as effective as he used to be earlier having taken only two wickets in six matches so far.
In fact against Sunrisers, David Warner and Shikhar Dhawan punished him as he went for 38 runs in four wicketless overs.
Narine was first called for chucking during the Champions League T20 last year and he left for West Indies midway an didn't play in the ODI series against India nor did he play in the World Cup.
There were lot of confusion regarding his participation in the IPL before he got clearance from the accreditated lab a few days before the cash-rich league started.

Latest News from Sports News Desk