1. Heavy rains trigger flood fears in Kashmir; 10 people buried alive
2. Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister asks for Army support to tackle flood situation
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed has asked the Army to provide logistic support, in terms of men and machinery, to the civil administration to effectively counter the flood situation in the Valley.
3. Rajnath calls up Mufti; promises all help to deal floods
Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Monday spoke to Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed and conveyed to him that relief materials are being air dashed to the flood-affected valley in the shortest possible time.
4. Kashmir floods: Youth washed away in Udhampur
A youth was washed away in a stream (nullah) and two others were injured in a flash flood triggered by heavy rains on Monday in the district.
5. 100 NDRF personnel rushed to Kashmir; four teams on standby
Two NDRF teams comprising 100 personnel have been rushed as part of contingency measures in Jammu and Kashmir, where Jhelum river on Monday crossed the danger level in Srinagar and Sangam area of South Kashmir following heavy rains.
6. Centre assures flood-hit Jammu and Kashmir of all support, PM Modi deputes Naqvi to assess situation
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday rushed Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi to Kashmir for on-the-spot assessment of the flood situation and to coordinate with state authorities for whatever help is required.
7. Kashmir floods: 16 trapped due to house collapse, evacuation on
Seven months after the devastating floods, Kashmir was on Monday staring at another deluge following incessant rains with River Jhelum in spate at several places in the Valley while 16 people were feared trapped after two houses collapsed in Budgam district.
8. Centre delayed rehabilitation of flood victims in Valley: Omar Abdullah
With Kashmir Valley facing fresh floods, former Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday asked the Centre what steps it was taking to help the state even as he accused the Narendra Modi government of delaying rehabilitation of the those hit by last year's deluge.
9. Jhelum river crosses danger mark in Srinagar, South Kashmir
Jhelum river on Monday crossed danger level in Srinagar and Sangam area of South Kashmir with heavy rains lashing most parts of the state which sounded an alert asking people to move to safer places.
10. Jammu and Kashmir: 44 structures damaged in heavy landslides and rainfall
At least 44 structures including 18 residential houses were damaged due to landslides caused by heavy rainfall in Kashmir over the past 24 hours, police said.