It is a universal fact that fruits are really good for our health. But do you know they can act wonders for your skin too. Fruits are like a tonic for our skin. Pollution, sweat, dust, sun-rays make your skin dull and dead.
To rejuvenate your skin it requires natural nutrients which can be obtained from fruits. Choose fruits according to your skin type and pamper your skin with fruit facials. Here’s 'Sakhi' bringing to you a few fruit facials which will keep you cool and refresh this summer.
How to start
Before applying fruit mask clean your face and neck. Choose a fruit depending on your skin. You need to keep fruit mask on your face for 15- 20 minutes. After removing the mask, splash cold water on your face to close the open pores.
For oily skin
Secretion of oil from pores makes your skin sticky. Areas like forehead, nose, cheek bones and chin remain oily.
1. Cucumber and tomato facial: This facial cleanses the skin and helps in closing open pores. Cucumber is a natural moisturiser. It is also enriched with ascorbic acid and caffeic acid which removes dark circles and refreshes your eyes. This facial also helps you to prevent acne.
Tomatoes maintain the oil balance of your face and leave a cool effect on your skin. After washing your face, rub a piece of tomato on it. Then apply crushed cucumber on your face and leave it for 10- 15 minutes. After that splash cold water and dab your face with soft towel. You can do this facial twice a week.
2. Carrot facial: Crush carrots and mix honey with it. Apply this mixture on your face and neck. After 10 minutes slightly massage your skin rolling your fingers from bottom to top. Then splash cold water and clean your face. Apart from this, you can apply pineapple juice on your face. If you want, you can add crushed cucumber with this also. Keep this pack for 15 minutes and then wash it with water.
For dry skin
Dry skin at times looks glowing and sometimes looks dull. But in summers dry skin needs a lot of care or else it becomes rough and dull. Carrot is the ideal fruit for this skin type. Carrot is a good source of vitamin A which strengthens your skin cells. It also has carotene which maintains the moisture balance of skin and shields your skin from effects of ageing. Pineapple facial is also good as it tightens your skin and closes the open pores. It makes your skin glow.
3. Avocado facial: Vitamin E present in avocado gives a natural glow to your skin. The proteins and fats of avocado help in balancing the moisture of your skin and prevent wrinkles as well. Mix an egg yolk with avocado and apply it on your skin. Keep it for 20 minutes. Then wash your skin with clean water. It is the best facial for dry skin during summer season. Make circular strokes with your finger while removing it from your face.
For wrinkles: Try any of these facials to be ever youthful.
4. Pomegranate (Aanar) facial: Mix 2 teaspoon of pomegranate juice, 1 spoon papaya pulp, 1teaspoon milk powder in a bowl and apply this mixture on face. Wash your face after 15 minutes. Then splash cold water on your face. Papaya tightens your skin and improves your skin tone.
5. Peach facial: Peach has alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) which supplies nutrition to skin and removes dead skin cells. It reduces wrinkles and tightens your skin. Mix the pulp of peach with baked oats or curd and apply this mixture on your face. Slightly massage in downward to upward direction for 5 minutes. Leave this pack on face for 10 minutes. Oats reduce skin irritation and give it a cooling effect.
For normal skin
This type of skin is neither too oily nor too dry. You can use avocado mask to take care of your skin. It will protect skin from harmful sun-rays and maintain a proper balance of moisture. Mix honey with avocado pulp and apply it on your face. Give a gentle massage while the mask is applied. Keep it on your face for 15 minutes and then wash it with water.
6. Golden mango facial: Mango is beneficial for all skin type. Mix 1 teaspoon honey and 1 teaspoon curd with 2 tablespoons mango pulp. Give your skin a massage with this pack for 2- 3 minutes and keep this on your face for at least 10 minutes. Remove this pack by splashing water. This golden pack leaves a glowing effect on your skin. After this facial do not use soap for at least 5 hours.
7. Banana wonder facial: Banana moisturises your skin and maintains moisture balance during summers. Especially, it brings a magical glow on dry skin. Take a piece of banana and crush it. Add some honey to the crushed banana. Apply this mixture on face and neck. Give a slight massage for 5 minutes. Then splash water and remove this pack. Go for this facial and see the glowing effect.
8. Grape facial: Take half cup crushed grapes and apply it on your face. Wait for 10 minutes and then wash with water. If your skin is extremely dry, add multani mitti(earth clay) to the pulp and then apply it on your face.
9. Water melon facial: Besides giving a cooling effect, this facial removes suntan as well. Mix half teaspoon honey and one and half teaspoon multani mitti with 2 teaspoons watermelon. Gently massage for 2-3 minutes and leave the pack for 10 minutes. Then splash cold water on your face and wash it.
10. Papaya facial: Add 1 teaspoon cucumber pulp to 1 teaspoon papaya pulp and apply this on face. After a few minutes wash it with cold water and see the glow on your face.