With the looming terror threats, interior security challenges, and defence of the borders, the governments do not hesitate to spend more and more money to buy expensive but efficient military vehicles that can take on any challenge and give a befitting reply to any aggression. Source:Therichest
Here we present a list of 10 costliest military vehicles that form lion's share of the Defence Budget of the respective countries:
1. USS Gerald Ford: One of the costliest military vehicles in the world, United States' warship priced at Rs 87,372,93,50000 USS Gerald Ford is capable of launching 220 sorties per day from its dual runways.
2. HMS Queen Elizabeth: Costing a whopping Rs 625,09,950,0000 HMS Queen Elizabeth is United Kingdom’s biggest warship. Measuring 918 feet in length and 229 feet wide, it can carry 1,600 personnel.
3. DDG 1000 Zumwalt-Class Destroyer: Zumwalt-Class Destroyer, priced at Rs 470,57,815,0000, is United States Navy guided missile destroyer. It was designed as multi-mission stealth ship with a focus on land attack.
4. HMS Astute: HMS Astute is an operational nuclear-powered submarine in the Royal Navy of United Kingdom. Priced at 369,68,250,0000 to build, HMS Astute is the second submarine of the Royal Navy.
5. Charles de Gaulle Aircraft Carrier: Costed Rs 268,90,180,0000 to build France’s Charles de Gaulle aircraft carrier was originally commissioned in 1986 which is the first French aircraft to be powered with nuclear.
6. USS America: USS America, priced Rs 228,53,100,0000 is an LHA 6 America-class amphibious assault vessel and one of the newest warships of the United States Navy. The warship carries up to 34 planes.
7. Virginia Class Submarine: Serving in United States Navy, Virginia Class, also known as the SSN-774 class, is a class of nuclear-powered fast attack submarines. Rs 168,03,750,0000 had been spent to built the submarine. Virginia Class vessel carries a nuclear reactor, 12 vertical missile launchers and 16 cruise missiles.
8. Varyag Aircraft Carrier: Soviet Union' s Varyag Aircraft Carrier which was given to Ukraine after ungrouping in 1991 costed Rs 161,31,600,0000.
9. B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber: The USA aircraft, priced Rs 161,31,600,0000 a long range bomber capable of surviving extended missions under considerable duress. B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber is capable of carrying about 50,000 pounds of weapons.
10. INS Vikramaditya: INS Vikramaditya is a Russian modified Kiev-class aircraft carrier which started service in Indian Navy in 2013. The warship which costed Rs 15,797,9807500 to build is measured 932 feet long and 200 feet wide.
It can carry 1,600 to 2,000 personnel and more than 30 aircrafts.
With the looming terror threats, interior security challenges, and defence of the borders, the governments do not hesitate to spend more and more money to buy expensive but efficient military vehicles that can take on any challenge and give a befitting reply to any aggression.