He asserted that under no circumstances shall those guilty of this "barbaric crime" be allowed to go unpunished.

"I have no words to condemn the dastardly act which consumed the life of a poor and innocent young boy for no fault of his," Sayeed said in his condolence message after Zahid succumbed to injuries sustained in the petrol bomb attack nine days ago.

Expressing deep shock and grief, he regretted that "one more precious life has been lost to the politics of hate and intolerance that is posing a grave challenge to the state and country’s plurality."

The Chief Minister said though the loss of life of Zahid in the tragic incident cannot be compensated, he directed the official machinery to extend all possible help to the bereaved family in its hour of grief.

Zahid was one of the two persons injured in the attack.

Sayeed, earlier on October 14, had visited the Safadrjung Hospital in New Delhi to inquire about the health of the injured.

He had assured the family members that stringent punishment will be given to those found guilty of this heinous crime and that the two families shall be provided government jobs for their sustenance, an official spokesman said.

Latest News from State News Desk