The incident took place on Thursday at Gyandeep Shishu Mandir in Harduaganj area. An initial probe found that the biscuits were well past the expiry date printed on the packet, Circle Officer  Qwarsi MK Saxena said.

A case of carelessness has been registered against the school management, he said. Police said that the biscuit packets were distributed to the children soon after the flag hoisting ceremony in school.

Some children started vomiting and complained of stomach ache. As the news spread, the police and concerned parents rushed to the school and all the children were taken to a nearby medical facility. They were discharged from the Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Hospital after about an hour.

(Agencies)

Latest News from Uttar Pradesh News Desk