The 56-year-old actor was jailed for five years in the March 1993 Mumbai serial blasts for illegally keeping an AK-47 assault rifle.

While Sanjay's lawyer Hitesh Jain claimed the actor will walk free on February 27, Maharashtra's Minister of State for Home Ranjit Patil said 'no decision has been taken in the matter so far'.

"We will be more than happy when he returns from his jail term. He committed a mistake and paid for that. Now it's his new birth and we are with him," said Chopra at the special screening of his film "Wazir" here on Wednesday.

"We has have been writing scripts for him for the last few years and right now we have many scripts for him," he added and hinted on many collaborations with the actor in the near future.

He also shared that the pre-production of the third part of 'Munnabhai' franchise is in full swing and added that "Munnabhai.." will definitely happen. "As of now we are in the writing stage."

"In fact, Abhijat Joshi and I were writing the script for 'Munnabhai' on the flight", he added.

 

Latest news from Entertainment News Desk