Here, we give you some easy steps to get going with the 'Whatsapp on PC'.
1. Firstly, you'll be needing an Android emulator app to accomplish this and a mobile phone to verify the WhatsApp account.
2. Download Bluestacks app player on your PC.
3. Run the setup file to install it. During installation, Bluestacks will ask for app store access and app notifications. You can uncheck both while installing.
4. Wait for the installation to finish as it takes several minutes. During the final stages of installation, Bluestacks will run in full-screen mode. Tap the diagonal line icon on the top-right to run it in windowed mode.
5. Let Bluestacks app player run and switch on to your browser, now download the WhatsApp apk file.
6. Double-click the WhatsApp.apk file which is saved on your PC. The app will automatically install itself in Bluestacks App Player.
7. In Bluestacks, you'll see a grid of apps you've installed. All you need to do is find and launch WhatsApp.
8. Enter your phone number and click Verify. Now wait for five minutes as WhatsApp tries and fails, to automatically verify using SMS.
9. After 5 minutes, WhatsApp will offer you an option for voice verification. Click Call me. You'll get a phone call. Answer it and you'll hear the verification code being spoken in loop.
10. Enter the verification in WhatsApp running in Bluestacks.
11. Although none of your existing contacts will show up in WhatsApp but can still reply to any messages you receive.
12. You can also add contacts individually to WhatsApp by clicking on the three icon given on the top-right.
The user can not access WhatsApp on both PC and phone at the same time. As one phone number can be associated with only one device at a time. Your phone will stop receiving WhatsApp messages when you're using it on the desktop.