New Delhi: Flipboard is a personalized magazine app designed for phones and tablets, but you can access it on a PC, too. It takes stories from around the web based on your own interests and delivers them to you in an attractive visual feed. It works on both Android and iOS. In iOS opens like a regular app, but on Android you can set it up as a widget if you wish.
- Getting Flipboard set up is very simple. First you just have to create a new account. You can either create one from scratch, or sign up via Facebook.
- When you first download the app and open it to get started, you will be able to subscribe to various topics, including news, technology, Flipboard picks, design, travel and more.
- Once your feed has been populated with the content you can start engaging. Like or comment on the content in your feed, or “flip it” to be republished to one of your own magazines. You can create multiple magazines and control the privacy settings for each.
- After you have signed up you’ll be asked to tick a few of the basic starter categories. These can be changed at any time post-setup so don’t fret. Once you’re done with this initial stage you can sign up to much more specific sources.
- Making your own magazine is not essential in Flipboard, but it can be fun and easy. Every article of content you view in Flipboard can be added to a magazine by pressing the plus button and choosing or creating a magazine to slot it in to.
- If you are a small business owner or a large business owner you can also make catalogs, complete with product information, pricing and links to purchase online.