The victims have been identified as Jagvesh Kaur (23) and her 1.5 years old son Harshdeep. Kaur's husband Sewa Singh was not home at the time of the incident.

The incident occurred around 7.20 PM yesterday when a fire broke out in their house apparently due to leakage in a cooking gas cylinder, police said.

Several fire tenders, police teams and ambulances were rushed to the spot and the victims were taken to Deen Dayal Upadhyay hospital, where they were declared brought dead. Further investigation is underway, police added.

Latest News from State News Desk