The smartphone is priced at CNY 699 (approximately USD 107) and will go on sale in China from January 12. Although, the company has not announced the international rollout of the smartphone yet.
Following are the specifications of the device:
- Xiaomi Redmi 3 sports a 5-inch HD (720p) display, which is the biggest screen size for the Redmi series yet.
- The smartphone comes with 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage; since it features a hybrid dual-sim slot, users can expand storage up to 128GB via microSD card.
- For imaging, Xiaomi Redmi 3 comes with a 13MP camera with f/2.0 aperture and phase-detection autofocus on the back and 5MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture in front.
- Connectivity options are standard: 2G, 3G, 4G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB 2.0; the company's website also mentions that the smartphone offers Infrared support as well.
- Xiaomi Redmi 3 runs on MIUI 7 software, based on Android Lollipop.
- The device comes with new 64-bit octa-core Snapdragon 616 processor (four 1.5GHz cores + four 1.2GHz cores).
- The android smartphone is packed with 4,100mAh battery