New Delhi: The Chinese technology giant Xiaomi has raised curtain from its new smartphone, the Redmi 3S in China. The latest handset is a variant of company’s flagship product, the Xiaomi Redmi 3.
The Redmi 3S smartphone will be available in two different variants based on memory and inbuilt storage. One variant comes with 2GB of RAM with 16GB inbuilt storage model priced at CNY 699 (approximately Rs 7,000), and the other is constituted with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of storage model priced at CNY 899 (approximately Rs 9,000).
The new smartphone will be available for purchase starting from Thursday and will be available via company’s official website Mi.com.
Xiaomi has not yet declared the global availability of the latest gadget yet.
Following are the features of the device:
- The Redmi 3S packs an all-new octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor clocked at 1.1GHz
- The smartphone is clubbed with Adreno 505 GPU
- The smartphone supports expandable storage via microSD card (up to 128GB)
- The dual-SIM handset (Micro + Nano) comes with hybrid SIM slot which means the second slot also acts as a microSD slot
- One of the biggest improvements over the original Xiaomi Redmi 3 is that Redmi 3S features a fingerprint scanner at the back panel
- The Redmi 3S features a 5-inch HD (720x1280 pixels) IPS display and runs MIUI 7 based on Android 5.1 Lollipop
- The smartphone sports a 13-megapixel rear camera with PDAF (phase detection autofocus), f2.0 aperture, HDR mode, 1080p video recording, and LED flash
- The handset also packs a 5-megapixel front camera with 1080p video recording capability
- Connectivity options on the handset include 4G, Wi-Fi, GPRS/ EDGE, Bluetooth, GPS/ A-GPS, Bluetooth, Glonass, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, and Micro-USB
- The handset is backed by a 4100mAh battery just like the original Redmi 3
- It measures 139.3x69.6x8.5mm and weighs 144 grams
- The Xiaomi Redmi 3S will be available in Grey, Silver, and Gold colours
Also read: Good news! 'Freedom 251' smartphone set for delivery starting 28th June