'Xiaomi is holding an event at Talkatora Stadium in New Delhi, which will be open to fans as well', it confirmed in a forum post.
Following are the specifications of the device:
- The highlight of the new Redmi Note 3 is it packs a hexa-core Snapdragon 650 processor (four cores clocked at 1.2GHz and two cores clocked at 1.8GHz).
- The smartphone comes with 5.5-inch full-HD 1080x1920 pixels IPS display and offers 178 degree viewing angle.
- The Redmi Note 3 will be available in two RAM and storage versions - one including 2GB of RAM and 16GB of inbuilt storage, and other 3GB of RAM and 32GB of inbuilt storage.
- The company as of now has not given price information for the 3GB/ 32GB variant of the Redmi Note 3.
- It runs MIUI 7 based on Android Lollipop and supports dual 4G SIM cards.
- The handset packs a 4000mAh battery with fast charging support that can charge up to 50 percent in 1 hour, same as the Redmi Note 3.
- On the camera front, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 sports a 16-megapixel rear camera with phase detection autofocus (PDAF) and two-tone flash.
- It also houses a 5-megapixel front camera. It measures 150x76x8.65mm and weighs 164 grams.
- For connectivity, the handset supports 4G LTE (compatible with Indian LTE bands), Bluetooth, 3G, GPRS/ EDGE, GPS, Glonass, Wi-Fi, and Micro-USB.
To recall, the new variant of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 with Qualcomm's Snapdragon 650 SoC was launched in Dark Grey, Champagne Gold, and Silver colours at CNY 999 (approximately Rs. 10,000) in China, and can be expected to be available at roughly the same price point in India. It sports an all-metal body and also packs a fingerprint scanner at the back, just like the original Redmi Note 3 with a MediaTek SoC.